Update 10.03.2014 Those are two videos from public shelter Mihailesti where dogs from Bucharest are taken. You can see how dog catchers treat dogs in 21st century.
Update 03.03.2014 -Dead puppies found in Deva. You see in picture a police officer or something like that. Don’t worry, they don’t really do anything to find people who did this.
source for the above picture with he dog dumped in the canal: facebook.com
Update 01.03.2014: a teacher was beaten and his dog was killed in front of him by two punks : http://www.vrn.ro/profesorul-valeriu-arnautu-daramat-psihic. Every day dogs are killed with cruelty and people are abused.
This happens just because an extremist group called IREC who instigates to killing stray dogs are sustained by politicians, local authorities and romanian media. You can read now who is IREC and what is their hidden agenda here. That’s all about money, a big amount who is now directed to killing stray dogs (in Bucharest more than 7.000.000 euros). In public shelter dogs are not killed with lehal injection, but the money are “spent” on lethal injection, so we wonder where are our money?
Make sure that this document is read by all your friends so everybody knows what really happens in Romania. Thank you.
Update 11.02.2014: READ, SIGN AND SHARE!
Update 27.01.2014. I can’t post all horror pictures and videos that I see, because this is too much for me, but I try to update this page for you to see how is made euthanasia in Romania and why we fight so hard to stop it for good. The picture below was taken on 25.01.2014 in the PUBLIC SHELTER BOTOSANI, ROMANIA! Anothe every day “exception”. And now the most important news is that in Bucharest, local authorities want to violate the Constitution of Romania and human rights by entering with force and by the power of a local law on private properties to take dogs that have no pedigree. Can you believe that? Human rights means nothing in Romania and we dare to ask rights for animals!!!
Update 18.01.2013 – http://rostrays.wordpress.com/2014/01/18/an-illegal-public-shelter-for-strays-discovered-in-bragadiru-romania/
Update 15.01.2013 – “just” another every day “exception”
Update 06.01.2013 – In 2013 the Romanian Parliament admitted that it is so incompetent and corrupt, by promoting a sick law who legalized the slaughter of stray dogs. But this is not all they have done. They did many bad things and for all these they were awarded. They have nothing to be proud of, but believe me that they don’t give a fuck. They will continue doing what they know to do: killing innocent animals and people for money and distroying normality!
Update 18.12.2013 – Animals lovers under siege! We are dragged to police, beaten and killed just because in Romania is normal to treat like this a good person. As we speak a criminal complain was made on our names and we are threatened and harassed by the person who made this complain. Romanian media, as always harassed us too because it is so dirty and corrupt and love scandals especially those who involve attacks over good people. But, we will never stop fighting and we ask you to share this page for all EU countries find out the truth about us and to know that our rights are violated in Romania. We don’t exist for media and politicians, but when they feel threatened by us because we share the truth they take care to annihilate us in any possible way! This is fucking Romania! This is bleeding Romania! We are tortured, beaten, threatened and even killed because we dare to exercise our right to compassion!
A veterinarian beaten because she fed a stray dog
Persons entering in a woman yard and killed her dog with cruelty
Dogs of a homeless woman, all her wealth were taken from her although they didn’t bother anyone and the woman took good care of them
NEW CASES OF ANIMAL CRUELTY IN ROMANIA! Today (4.12.2013) some MEP’s who came to Romania to talk to our authorities will tell you that everything is all right with stray dogs, that they are “killed with love”. Meanwhile you have to find out the truth. On 1st December 2013, the Romania’s National Day, in Vatra Dornei many dogs were shot in plain city. This is reality! You can choose to believe MEP’s of your country or to watch the images who speak ONLY the truth! You can see below new pictures with animal cruelty from public shelters from Romania.
Below you have some pictures from Breasta, the Public Shelter of Olguta Vasilescu the mayor of Craiova. She says that in Breasta is a five star shelter. In fact you can see the truth!
source of information:
UPDATE 24! In Romania, vets who want to do their job of saving lives will be punished. If they won’t respect the law to mass kill with cruelty stray dogs they will be punish! This is the new HITLER!
UPDATE 23! In PITESTI, dogs catcher broke a dog spinal column in two after they hunted him on the streets and he was hit by a car! They left him there to die! The vet who killed 4000 dogs in 2001 by injecting formalin or strychnine regain his job to kill again! A person who saw the dog catcher hunting had to receive medical help. WHY DOESN’T EU WANT TO STOP THIS???? FUCK YOU EU!
Update 22: Dog neutered in a public shelter/slaughter house from Bucharest, Pallady (please click on the below link for pictures). Here you have a translation of the article: “The dog was recently adopted the “shelter” Pallady. Besides digestive infection, serious infection of the ear, this unfortunate dog was “sterilized” by a simple cut on testicles!? Cut, not knowing what was done, was not then sewed! The dog was given for adoption with this open wound. Manifesting agonizing pain, the dog was taken to a private veterinarian where the cut was sewn. Doctors here have said they have not seen before such “surgery” sterilization, that contravenes any ethical and medical practices.”
Update 21: Someone told me to tell you what means euthanasia in Romania, so I will. The law permit killing dogs by shooting them, gassing them, broking their neck, poisoning them. That’s why cruelty against animals are now legal and those cases I posted here are now normal in Romania. As the matter of fact you have a video below to see what is happening in public shelters right now. It is a video from 2010, when euthanasia was illegal, but they still did it like this. Now that it is legal, can you imagine what’s happening? Thank you Vasile Bergmann for helping me share with the whole world the truth!
This is “normal” and LEGAL in Romania! Now, please SHARE!
or maybe you want more:
Update 20: Some old and new pictures from the hell. The Craiova public hell. I meant shelter. Can you believe that in Romania shelter is equal with slaughter?
This is only in our imagination? (click on this link please to see the pictures)
Update 19: Not just dogs are tortured. Cats are also tortured. Police do nothing because authorities and politicians are very happy with this situation
IT IS GETTING WORSE….(emails provided)
Unbelievable acts of cruelty on CATS in Sighet _ Maramures County.
Unbelievable cases of cruelty in the Unirii neighborhood in the city. Many tenants have complained that somebody tortures the animals around the apartment building nr.8. Tens of cats have been killed or mutilated in that area. People are horryfied and can not believe that this can happen.
Everything started last Summer, when people found in front of their garages mutilated cats. The first incident happened in August, when Ion Popovics, who lives in that area, found in front of his garage a cat with the throat slashed, and a few more with their spine broken or killed by darts. Since then the nightmare continues.
“I coud dsave one, but there were some I could not save. Some had the darts in their stomachs, in their spine, they did not survived. Some had their throats slashed right here on this stone, some were struck on their deads. ” said Ion Popovics.
“This is who they kill them. Thugs. They are living beings, they have souls ” said another tenant from that area.
Around the building nr.8 there are many feral cats, who live now cared by the people. They also say that they saw strangers passing by and abandoning cats in their area.
“people from the rural area come here, abandon the animals, and the cats run everywhere…” continued Ion Popovics.
The people who,live in that area helped the cats the best they could.Some would take even more of them home, but in an apartment building it is hard to have too many animals. Who are the ones who are capable of cush curelty, people do not know, but they suspect to be a young man who allegedly confessed about the killing because someone made him get rid of the cats because they are noisy.
“He said that one woman told him to kill the cats, because there are too many, she can not sleep because of them and because the black cats harm people “
People living in that area are powerless because they were never able be there when these acts of cruelty happen.
Update 18: And this is another skeleton from public shelter from Craiova. The mayor Lia Olguta Vasilescu say that 3 cases of cruelty against animals in her shelter means nothing and she says that we lie. Please can you see a lie in this picture? Do you think that this dog was lying? This dog died! Because of this Cruella de Craiova.
Update 17: This is a dog catcher/killer from Targu Neamt
Update 16: These pictures are from 2012, but you can easily imagine what is happening now when the murder is legalized and the animal cruelty became normal in Romania?
Update 15: About Ploiesti public shelter! (from Romania the land of death)
So, the new Director of the ZOO Ploiesti and also of the public shelter for stray dogs BUCOV , DECIDED to KILL all the dogs after 14 days…This person, wants people to believe that this new law is ONLY ABOUT KILLING DOGS…and she seems SO EAGER TO DO IT…Ploiesti si already NOTORIOUS for thewaves of mass poisonings of stray dogs and counteless acts of cruelty to animals which nobody ever punished..( emails porvided at the end of the info ).NOW< here she comes, the new “angel” of DEATH and her “buddies”…Look in the video bellow, not only how these despicable employees treat people, BUT, at the minute 1:3o YOU CAN SEE very well how on of these entities THROWS the partially tranquilized dog in the car…BARBARIANS…SO, this might be the new image for this city…
http://youtu.be/040eVL2xLMY min 1:30 on
Also, articles in the media about the COUNTLESS complains about the ABUSE OF POWER of this woman, WHO , although the shelter IS overcrowded, she BANNED the adoptions and also BANNED people from retreiving their own dogs…
It is OBVIOUS that local authorities HIRE only those people who DO NOT CARE AT ALL about animals, the more sadistic the mor FIT fro the JOB….We have a message for her…READ THE LAW LADY…it is NOT a single-article law…even that article for “euthanasia” is NOT the way you THINK it is.
So, you decided to take radical measures, to completely disregard all the other articles in the law, and to start the killing …so you decided to become a DOGS KILLER…Nice…
Update 14: Cruelty against animals is now legal. Police officers attack us, instead of those who torture animals. This is an enormous wave of animal cruelty and authorities are very happy. This never happened in Romania at this level. Euthanasia means killing dogs with cruelty and politicians are very happy because they created a violent nation. Please be very afraid of the children that will be raised in this way. They will be your children neighbor because they have the liberty to come to your country but they are educated to be cruel to all living beings.
Update 12: This is what a facebook romanian user tell on the wall: “Dog catchers’ abuse – SHARE so that everyone know
This morning ( 15.oct ) I was with my dog outside in front of my appartment building … where I have an enclosed garden and I let her free to do her buisness and I stayed inside the building as it was raining .
The dog catchers appeared and they rushed upon her and took her away while I was pushed away and assaulted while I was explaining she was my dog but they didn’t care and told me I have to go to Mihailesti dog pound tomorrow to recover her.
Today I got in my car and I went to Mihailesti where I was not granted acces inside, but was again abbused, cursed, laughed at … they said they can not return her to me today … although I had her health book , the identification number attached to her ear … but THEY JUST WOULDN’T GIVE ME BACK MY DOG. (she was my property and THIS WAS AN ABUSE )
I have mention that I got there at 14 o’clock and adoption program was up until 15.00 . At 14:30 came the dog catchers with the car in which my dog was enclosed , shut the doors , 15.00 o’clock passed, and they kept saying that they will not give her back today and that I should go to Sorin Oprescu (Bucharest’s mayor) to give her to me.
Meanwhile two old women were also at the shelter and they were not allowed to enter inside , it was 15:05 and they said adoptions program is over and that they can not recover their dog, the women started crying ,they had come by taxi up there and they were not even allowed to look inside and see if their dog was there.
There is no street sign for Mihailesti dog pound, it’s very difficult to reach even by car … and there you are not allowed to go in, even if you want to adopt a dog .
I’ll come back tomorrow with information , I hope to recover my dog.
Such abuses are not normal , everything there happens for 220 RON they recive for every dog caught .
Not only does it encourage adoption , but they put obstacles for those who want to adopt a dog , and now I can not get out of the house or with my own dog because they take him from in front of me.
Dog catchers’ abuse – Day 2 ( 16.oct.2013 )
At 9:40 I was at the shelter at Mihailesti , there was also someone for 10 o’clock in order to take their dog.
At 10 o’clock the porter came and asked us our names and told us that staff have to come we can get the dogs.
ASPA staff ( the two doctors and some guys ) came in at 10:25 , I waited 1 hour for them to change and drink their coffees , smoke … all the while keeping us at the gate, not allowing us to go inside .
I walked in and was asked in which car my dog was and how I knew that they had her and wewre very shocked that I knew the registration number of the car.
I went accompanied in the shelter where dogs were kept, there was a terrible smell , and very noisy .
As I walked through I saw dogs in kennels almost dead,they were so skinny you could see their ribs, they were drooling , standing in their own feces and a female at that exact moment was giving birth and her placenta was hanging, she was extremely weak ,you could see she was very sick . I found my dog and they told me that I can not take her out until the papers are done, so I went out again after I identified the box in which she was closed was .
No filming or photos are allowed inside because all dogs are in terrible shape , is an extermination camp and they are simply hiding all this to continue reciving money.
The doctor came and asked me to fill out a statement ( she refused to identify herself) . She told me to write down that I am adopting a common breed dog from the streets , but I told her that it was MY DOG and that I was CLAIMING her not ADOPTING her , and the doctor said : ” you have to write this way because we don’t allow claims anymore.”I refused to write adopt and I still wrote down CLAIM. She was trying to fool me so as to cover their own ass.
I waited outside for my dog to be brought out and she was in terrible shape , dirty , with injuries to the neck from the way they caught her, the ear was bleeding from the iddentification number pinned on it , she had been terrified, hungry , very thirsty and dehydrated .
Meanwhile George Sisu, security guard (he was the only one with a iddentification badge ) told me to shut up and do as told or I would not get my dog back.
After I put my dog in the car I tried to talk again to the doctor but was told that since I had recoverd my dog there was nothing more to talk about.
PLEASE I need help to promote what has happend to me and what is happening to the dogs in Mihailesti dog pound.
In the shelter there remained my dog’s stray “brother” Puricel (Flea) who was staying outside the apparment building and was cared for by people living there, he is brown, medium size (see the first photo in the album). He also needs someone to adopt him so he can be taken out of that horrible place while it is still possible. If someone can adopt him I will accompany you to the dog pound.
I also saw Golden Retriver puppies, Border Collie, Husky, many dogs and they all need to be taken out. Please let us mobilize to do something.
These abuses are not supposed to happen, what shocked me was the resignation of other people who were there, their belief that they can’t fight the public authorities.
Yes the police WILL NOT TAKE ACTIONS, they were there when my dog was taken from outside my building and they told me that they could take her because she wasn’t wearing a leash.
We need to mobilize and act , this is the most important.
I was humiliated, I went through a trauma both me and my dog , WHO PAYS FOR ALL THIS?”
Update 11: A poor man is killed after he ate poisoned sausages for dogs in Islaz, Teleroman, Romania! Dozens of stray dogs were killed too. How many proves do you want EU to take actions? How many people and animals should die for you to take action? Those people have no rights? We have no right? Our right of living without tortures or our right of simply living is banned in Romania!
Update 10: Please see those videos too. It is important to see how dogs are euthanized in public shelter, to see how they treat us when we want to adopt a dog from public shelter and to see what stray dogs business means. Do you still believe that this is a joke? You will see dogs killed with cruelty on public shelters when euthanasia was banned in Romania. Can you imagine what’s happening now when it is legal to kill like this?
Update 9: This is also Romania. 3 abandoned newborn puppies thrown from a car in Arad – 13.10.2013, This is also an act of cruelty against animals. One puppy is very sick.
Update 8: A 68 years old woman was beaten on 15.09.2013 by dogs catchers. She has to go to hospital. They admitted but they were waiting for woman complain otherwise they were not going to accuse those man or to fire them. This happened in Mangalia, Romania. Again, this is Romania!
I hear that our politicians speak with yours and tell them that we lie. Please let me remind you that this picture are not made in Photoshop and that they are very real. Unfortunately!
Those dogs are seen at countryside in Romania. With 1 m chain or tortured. They are usually fed with some bread. Never neuter or sterilized, their puppy end in city parks or markets. First picture is from Buzau and the second one is from Barlad. After those picture you can see this years pictures
This is a “dangerous” stray dog from Romania. Someone told me that this dog was poisoned. We don’t know for sure, but nothing surprise me. I imagine the pain of those children when they found out that their friend was killed.
Update 5: Another skeleton dog saved from the public shelter from Craiova, Romania 09.10.2013
Update 4: A sweet girl saved from a public shelter today 08.10.2013. For this skeleton, authorities say that they spend 100 euros/month
Update 3: Another case of animal cruelty! 03.10.2013. And another news. Romanian local shelter abused people who went there to adopt dogs. They didn’t let them adopt dogs, they called cops and they announced that all dogs will be slaughtered. This happened in MIhailesti a local shelter next to Bucharest, Romania. Please share this to all your friends! Thank you!
Update 2: NEW CASE OF CRUELTY! A dog was hit in head with an ax on 28 september 2013
Update 1: At the end of this article you will see a picture of a dog burned with acid. He was found in Bucharest at the beginning of this month October 2013. We have so many “exceptions”, that they became rules. I ask once again the intervention of EU. All those who can help us, are entitled to print this article and show everywhere. Thank you!
Romania is the only country in Europe in which:
- Dogs are abused and killed with impunity, and this is something normal;
- The new law of killing stray dogs permit to kill them by electrocuting, gassing with carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, nitrogen, argon or potassium chloride or penetrating captive bolt
- Orthodox Church instigate cruel killing of dogs (even on the Easter Holidays) (Not all priests, but most of them do this. It all started with the head of this church Patriarch Daniel);
- By law, dogs can be slaughtered on the spot, without giving them the change of being adopted (the recently ratified law has a backdoor that allows this);
- The media openly instigate torturing, killing of animals and violence against animal lovers, and this is welcomed by the authorities who ought to monitor and punish them instead;
- The careless parents and grandparents receive congratulations and are treated as national heroes, while the blame is always directed towards weather conditions, animals, cars, etc.
- Parents send their 7-year children to buy cigarettes and booze, and if they happen to be somehow attacked by humans or animals (domestic or wild), parents have absolutely no guilt;
- State-owned dog-shelters are rather concentration camps (the food is stolen and sold by the dog-catchers; dogs do not receive any water, are overcrowded, about 20 into a paddock; they have to eat each other and the easiest diseases are eradicated by killing);
- Dog-catchers (they are not vets, but Gypsies paid the minimum wage, who know nothing about animal behavior) use primitive methods of catching dogs – pliers to crush the throat of the dogs, in front of children, or chains that break the necks of the animals when dogs get scared and violently pull in all directions;
- Catching dogs is left to the reach of anyone, even companies that normally offer dental services have won contracts with municipalities and more recently, mayors pay 5-10 lei (1-2 euro) per dog caught and brought to the hall to be killed. Most times dogs are brought already dead, the killing methods being the most cruel (poisoning, shooting, electrocution, hitting with a shovel or hammer straight into the head, stabbing, etc.)
- Children are taught to abuse and kill small animals, especially dogs. In an interview during a pro-killing dogs protest, several kids were asked what they would do to dogs. Most of them replied they would shoot them, although dogs had never done them any harm, furthermore some even admitted they loved dogs and they were dragged there by parents who sadistically wanted to kill dogs.
- Animal welfare is a totally unknown concept, although there are regulations in the European Union and Romania even ratified a treaty which established that animals are sentient beings and have the right to be treated with love and compassion
- Children who love animals and their parents who educate their children in this way have no rights, but instead they are subjected daily to extreme psychological torture just because they are good people, loving life and respect all beings created by God and know how to treat animals so they live in peace with all beings whose habitat man invaded
- Animals abandoned on the streets are treated as objects or recyclable bottles, although man himself is guilty of this situation
- There is absolutely no abandon prevention program, although at city level there is a Local Council decision that all dogs with or without owner should be neutered, micro-chipped and registered in a database (this decision has been made only 3 months ago, this year, but it has not been implemented yet)
- Dog-related business are very prosperous business – local authorities breed dogs in state-owned shelters or encourage abandonment, then release dogs back in the streets, then hire companies to catch dogs back, hold them in shelters, steal and sell their food, no water and no medical care (although on paper everything is perfect, but the photos tell the whole truth) , adoption programs are not advertised at all in the public media or in any other media, then dogs are killed with a shovel (on paper they are euthanized with expensive 200 euros worth chemicals) and incinerated for some more money and that has happened for the last 20 years and more.
- Those who should control and punish such abuses are corrupted and make fun of those who report cases of animal abuse
- Police encourages criminals who mistreat or cruelly kill animals, letting them get away with these illegal acts, while having fun watching these acts of cruelty
- Police abuse animal lovers instead of protecting them
- Local authorities allocate millions each year for tackling abandoned dogs, but in reality this money goes into the large pockets of politicians, who then shout back there’s no money left for neutering, only a few left for euthanizing.
- Animals are killed in the street (in the rural area that is something normal), dogs are bound with a 1 m long chain, instead of collar dogs are given rusty wire to hold their neck, and beaten to death if they dare to eat Romanian peasant’s chicken.
- Dogs are treated as practice targets, and if they found in the woods, they are shot on spot. Registered hunters even entered inside city limits, invited by mayors to shoot dogs
- Animal welfare organizations are forbidden to attend any euthanasia of dogs held in state-owned shelters
- Dogs that bark are considered aggressive
- Dog-catchers beat animal lovers
- Whores and junkies are well-respected representatives and leaders of those seeking cruel death of dogs and the Romanian Mothers’ Association worshiper and follow them
- Justice pre-empt, ignores witnesses’ statements and challenge obvious evidence
In 2013, Romania took a step back , adopting a law that allows cruel slaughters of dogs (unfortunately this is the translation of euthanasia in Romania), supposedly after 14 days , but in reality dogs can be killed on the spot if there are no funds to shelter them for 14 days.
This measure was enforced during 2001-2007 by Traian Basescu, then the mayor of the capital city of Bucharest, who is now the president (who instantly promulgated the new law), when only in Bucharest over 140,000 dogs were killed by injection of air into the heart or other cruel methods, while the amount of money the mayor paid for this raised up to 9,000,000 euro, a cruel measure that not only failed to diminished the number of dogs on the street, but instead it increased the number and thus enhanced violence on humans and animals.
During 2010-2013, since the campaign of killing dogs has resumed, three people have been killed when trying to protect abused dogs. Comments on the press articles were horrifying. Most congratulated those who had killed people trying to protect those “bitches”.
Animal lovers’ children have no rights; they are subjected to unimaginable torture. Every day, when people leave the house, they find bodies of poisoned dogs and Internet and media roar of methods to do that.
If you want to know HELL, come to ROMANIA!
This is a “normal” day for our children! They see hundreds of stray dogs and not only are poisoned every day.
(thank you Ana Maria for helping me translate this article)
A romanian dogs killer told me that this article is not true. Because of that I will add pictures with dogs “euthanized” only this year from september 2013 till now. They are from Bucharest, Moreni Dambovita, Cluj, Covasna, Targu Jiu, Brasov, the puppy with blood on his nose is from a local shelter, Bragadiru, Botosani (this year picture and 2011 picture when 220 dogs where brutally killed in one night – bags were full of blood), Galati, Macesti-Dambovita.