Two weeks ago the Romanian media announced a tragedy: a 4-year old boy was devoured by a pack of stray dogs nearby a public park (in a private yard!). It seemed that the boy and his older brother ran away and got lost from the park where they had been accompanied by their grandmother. They said that the older brother watched the entire scene and returned to the park to alert his grandmother. In shock, he was able to tell the story to his grandmother in detail.
The way the Authorities handled this case and the attitude of the family of the little boy raises serious doubts about the truth behind this story. It seems that the media and the authorities try to alter the real facts.
Here is how the authorities handled the case.
Firstly, the coroner took a hasty look at the dead body of the little boy and he concluded that the stray dogs killed him, without making any thorough investigation as he was supposed to (no DNA test, not even a bite matching test or a surgery to the dogs to see if the they have human flesh in their stomach).
Secondly, the investigators found at the site a pack of 4-5 stray dogs, but a very calm and friendly one, neuter and feed by people around. The dogs welcomed the police and the Authority for Animal Protection with no signs of aggression nor violence. How could those friendly dogs kill the child or any child for that matter?
Thirdly, the prosecutor publicly declared that stray dogs were responsible for this crime without doing any tests to prove this and before the end of the investigation.
Fourthly, the evidence on the crime scene were ignored, destroyed or lost on purpose. The place where the child was found dead was never officially investigated, the incriminated stray dogs were picked up and than lost and nowhere to be found and the crime scene was burned to the ground – I wonder why?! A couple days after the incident, a private investigation team found the protection suit of the coroner and a bag with supposedly child’s blood stains on it.
On the other hand, the child’s family told a lot of lies about the incident, thus increasing the suspicions on the public side.
Next, although the grandmother failed to supervise her own nephews and didn’t announced their missing for a long time, the child’s family, supported by the entire Romanian media and the politicians started an aggressive and cruel campaign against all stray dogs. They used any channel available (Facebook, internet, TV and newspapers) to instigate against stray dogs, inviting people to KILL THEM ALL WITH CRUELTY. Furthermore, the grandmother publicly declared that “all stray dogs must become soap!”.
I must tell you that there are some reasons for having stray dogs on streets:
– there is no legal frame to make pet owners neuter their dogs;
– although is a legal frame to punish abandon and cruelty towards animals, the police officers ignore it or they are amused by those
– the politicians didn’t want to approve, for more than 5 years, the law that would have been solved the stray dogs problem by neutering dogs with or without an owner
– in the local shelters own by City Hall dogs are treated with cruelty, their food is stolen and sold and the dogs are left to die of hunger and euthanasia means stabbing, poisoning, electrocuting, beating to death etc.
All the above are exactly the reasons why mass-killing campaigns of stray dogs have no specific results and why we fought for years to educate people.
Given all this mass hysteria, we started parallel investigations.
AFTER we began our inquiries, many details and evidence started to raise to the surface, so many that the media started to shift towards our version.
We found out that:
– The site where the supposed crime took place is about 1 km away from the park;
– For two hours the grandmother didn’t alert the police, other authority or anyone in the park about missing of her nephews;
– Witnesses saw her laying on a bank, calmly drinking beer and smoking even if her own two nephews were nowhere to be seen;
– The children’s grandmother is very seek and not able to take care of her nephews because little kids demand special attention and full involvement;
– The grandmother told that her oldest nephew (a 6-year old boy), which was brought back by a man, said that he had seen the entire scene of his brother being devoured by the stray dogs and than told his grandmother “This is it granny, he is dead. Please don’t beat me. I did nothing wrong”. I wonder how such a small kid is able to speak so detached being in shock after seeing such a horror?! I also wonder if the child is beaten often?! Only after an hour after his nephew’s told her the story the grandmother decided to alert the police, although a bodyguard wanted to help her by calling police (the child could have been alive and he might died because of this delay)
– Some journalists took possession of the recorded images from the cameras placed in the park (not the police or any other official investigator which not even bothered to take a look at!), images that proved the children were neglected for a long time and that the grandmother told lies to the police and the media when she said that her nephews had been missing for only 20 minutes. It seems the grandmother is trying to prepare a third story that would fit the images from the park cameras.
– At the funeral neither the parents nor the grandmother cried – this is very strange. Even more, everything they did soon afterwards was to go to several cheap TV shows only to gain benefits from their own tragedy and to instigate to mass murder of stray dogs. One explanation the family gave for not showing any sign of grief was that they were on medication but this is not true because people on drugs have some specific signs nowhere to be found on this family (this is the opinion of a psychologist).
– The family is always accompanied by a lawyer who help them win some money and protect them. We ask why do they need protection? (the lawyer also protected a felon that is an well known politician who got to jail in the end)
– After the funeral, the mother made a press conference in which she asked who is protected by the Constitution: dogs or children? We wonder what kind of a mother is thinking of the Constitution immediately after she buries her child.
– The next day after the funeral, the child’s family organized a protest against stray dogs, gathering almost 100 persons. They were helped by an non-registered organization and a person from the porn industry abroad;
– As a result of their actions, Facebook is full with horrible things: cruel messages and horrible pictures of dogs being poisoned, stabbed, burned alive, beaten; even more, people who respect animals, including children are aggressed and beaten when they are seen with an adopted dog from the street;
– In the video from the park, we can see the older brother being brought back by a man and as they passed by a stray dog the child showed no fear. If he had assisted to his brother attack, he would to be in a great fear towards dogs, but he wasn’t. He was very calm, too calm actually.
– Although it is supposed that the child was devoured alive and his brother assisted, nobody heard any scream from either of children (in the area were many people, including some fishermen)
– On the day of the funeral, the parents were chatting on Facebook trying to teach us what Romanian Constitution was saying about people protection and that all dogs should be killed. ON THE DAY OF THE FUNERAL!!! When they were supposed to be in great pain.
– The older brother was interviewed by the police after 2 weeks, after he heard many discussions about his brother on TV or in the house, discussions that could alter his memories of the accident (his grandmother says that the child is turning off the TV when he sees a show about his brother). First: why they allow him to watch those shows? And second: why he wasn’t interviewed then by a psychologist to find out what REALLY happened?
– How did the older child know that his brother was dead? Did he check out his pulse? Is there a possibility that the little kid was still alive and because of the late alert of authorities he died meanwhile??? Maybe, if the grandmother called the police in time, the child might be alive. The coroner said that he bled to death (no sign of such an amount of blood was actually found at the site, but let’s suppose that this is true). Maybe if the grandmother had called in time for the doctors the boy might still be alive now. In hospital, but alive!
We think that the police officers, the coroner and the prosecutor have no interest to find out the truth, because they did everything in a superficial way. They destroyed all the evidence and they did their best to close the case blaming the stray dogs, although it is well known that in the area where the boy was found dead, many people go with fight dogs to train them there. There are witnesses that said that two dogs belonging to a restaurant owner disappeared after the incident and they knew that these dogs used to go out and attacked two children before.
Let’s say the neglected boy was found dead in the lake. This would be a tragedy but nobody would kill the water!!! BUT, the biggest problem is that in Romania it is normal to leave your child unattended, to let him go away from you, to let him run free on the streets, forests etc. If something happens with the child (and often happens in Romania!), the parents are not to blame, although we have a law that punish exactly this irresponsible behavior of parents or the family.
Many children are found poisoned, left alone in houses at young ages, kidnapped, raped, fallen from window etc. because their parents’ neglect. This happens ONLY because of their parents indifference towards their children. Media only tell us what a tragedy happened, but nobody take action to stop or punish negligence.
I saw with my own eyes a 7-year old boy who was sent by his parents to buy cigarettes and beer. The seller just asked him if those are for his parents. Yes, he said and that was all. He took his cigarettes and beer and went home although it was already dark outside. What if something happened to him? If dogs were to bite him, they were cruelty killed and that was that. If he were to be raped or kidnapped or hit by a car, nobody would be punished, believe me. Not even his parents who sent him alone at this young age to shop for cigarettes and beer.
In the tragedy I speak about, the grandmother and parents are to blame. The first one because she didn’t take care of the children and didn’t call the cops in time to save Ionut (the name of the boy who died) and the parents because they left two little children full of energy with an old and sick woman.
The grandmother is twice lucky now because the media, authorities and police attention was distracted (we think that someone with influence is behind this) from the REAL problem, especially now when the law of mass killing stray dogs was voted in the Romanian Parliament and the massacre started (the truth is that it’s never stopped!) and because the child was bitten by a dog and not drowned. Maybe if he was found drowned it would be another story, but you know, the stray dogs business is producing lots of money for the next year election for the president and MEP. Strange coincidence.
We hear often that in Romania laws are made to be broken. Really??? A law that protect children and punish those who neglect them is made to be broken??? REALLY???
Maybe this happens because we have not only incompetent social workers, but also criminal social workers (a former social worker sold a woman for prostitution for 250 lei, almost 56 euros).
It is said that the police and prosecutor intend to close this case blaming stray dogs, all stray dogs, without any hard evidence (the coroner certified they have no technical means to prove the bites belong to stray dogs or fight dogs).
A law that legalize stray dogs massacre (in local shelters dogs were already killed with cruelty) may be promulgate by the Romanian President who already sent a clear message to Constitutional Court of Romania to allow the law pass even if it is NOT constitutional (this law was discussed last year and this was the verdict).
This story will end like this:
– Stray dogs will be killed with cruelty and the dogs killer will be very happy
– The irresponsible parents will be heroes
– Children of all irresponsible parents may die from other causes than stray dogs, because they have parents who neglect them, not because of the stray dogs
– Many criminals have already been encouraged to act not only against animals, but also against people. This is a rage that will never be eradicated and the criminals will be more dangerous with every passing day, because, although the law punish animals cruelty, police do nothing to stop them and to protect humans in the end. We all know that those criminals never stop with animals, they just start with animals.
Now, I ask you, people from Europe and not only, tell me, please, if a story like this happens in your country and if the parents/grandparents are not looking for their children/nephews for 2 hours or they don’t call the cops the moment they find out that something bad occurs to their child, what would happen to them? Would some animals or all animals from that breed be blamed? Or the parents/grandparents? I know that you have no problem with stray dogs, because you are civilized and neuter all your dogs, but let’s imagine that it is a wild animal.
I look forward for your message and divine justice to be made in this case, because I have no faith in the Romanian justice.
Update: from a recent article, the family lawyer says that it really doesn’t matter anymore if the child was or wasn’t killed by stray dogs. He is determined to ask for money. Everything that matters in this case is the money. They will ask for compensation from the City Hall even if the tragedy took place on a private land.
I must remind you that dogs on a private land ARE NOT STRAY DOGS, but dogs with an owner doing their job to protect the private property. I believe that blaming the stray dogs, they just want to cover the owner of the land (which is not really to blame in this case because the grandmother was neglecting her nephews who wandered about 1 km right through rough terrain and wild vegetation and God only knows how did they get there) and this is why I believe that someone with a very high position of power is involved in this case. Under the circumstances, not doing the correct research and destroying all evidence, it is very clear that someone is manipulating the case from inside or from above.
(thank you Ana Maria for your corrections)